Aud-X consists of 3 independent parts:
- Aud-X executable file encoder decoder
- Aud-X DirectShow decoder filter
- Aud-X ACM encoder (for VirtualDubMod and other Audio Compression Manager compatible software).
DirectShow Filter ensures compatibility with the most popular multitedia software players utilizing Directx (this is around 90% of all). It is responsible for reading Aud-X content present in movies or separate Aud-X soundtracks.
ACM Encoder has been implemented to make movie encoding possible with the use of Audio Compression Manager compatible software (eg. VirtualDubMod)
Executable Encoder/Decoder allows for:
- Independent sound compression (demuxed movie soundtracks, or multichannel recordings),
- Conversion from Aud-X to 6 channel PCM or AC3 format.
Changes in Aud-X surround codec 1.24 :
- [1.24] - MP3 48 kHz problems fixed
- [1.24] - PseudoSurround artifacts for noisy signals eliminated